Finding Inspiration for Your Home Design-According to LiLu
By Lisa Peck, ASID
We mentioned on Monday that the very first post on this blog was about the AIA MN Chapter’s Homes by Architects Tour. This past weekend was the 10th anniversary of the tour and we are thrilled that it has become as popular as it is. Why? Our top reason for loving this tour is finding inspiration for your home design.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend
We are going to share the top five reasons you should mark your calendar this year for next years tour, gather your friends and spend the weekend getting to as many homes as you can.
- Touring homes of different styles can spark an idea and help you embrace a new aesthetic. There is something for everyone on this tour.
- Meet architects and designers and ask questions about how they work and how they can help you design a home tailored to you.
- Meet homeowners and ask about their experience living in an architecturally designed home
- Learn about the latest and greatest materials, fixtures and technology going into homes today.
- Live vicariously through others. Maybe you won’t ever own or live in an ultra modern home or a wonderful restored Victorian but on this tour you can get a taste of what it might be like.
Last year we were lucky enough to design a home that was on the tour. It is a net-zero home we were grateful to collaborate on with Marc Sloot of Sala Architects and it has since been granted Platinum Leed Status.
Here is that home and a taste of some of the homes on the tour this year! If you missed the tour, take a look at the AIA MN website for inspiration and start making plans for next year.