Blissful Master Bath
During a recent remodel, these homeowners in North Oaks left their master bath for last. And when it was time to update, they listened to the recommendation of their trusted contractor. “Our contractor said that LiLu really gets what their clients are looking for,” Angi said. “I totally agree.” During the planning stages LiLu determined the footprint didn’t need to change. With those parameters in place, LiLu was free to significantly alter the space plan overall. After gutting everything, they moved walls and rerouted plumbing to make the flow more efficient. By relocating the vanities, and then shifting and enclosing the shower in glass, LiLu dramatically improved the vista from the bedroom. Aesthetically, LiLu combined dark wood with gray lacquered cabinets, they painted the room in lighter gray tones to brighten up the space, and they created a sense of verticality. Above all, the homeowners wanted her master bathroom to feel luxurious. So LiLu included several up-scale details and custom amenities in their design—a towel warmer, a built-in hamper, and a built-in hairdryer all make her dream a reality. Now whether it’s the beginning of a new day or the end of a long one, this space makes family life feel a bit more relaxing.
- Designed remodel and drafted construction drawings and notations for contractor.
- Designed overall space plan.
- Designed custom cabinetry.
- Designed built-in custom storage solutions for hair dryer and clothes hamper.
- Designed lighting and switching plan and specified decorative lighting fixtures with finishes and lamping.
- Designed and developed an overall concept and color palette based on our client’s lifestyle.
- Selected all interior finishes and composed materials palette.
- Selected all plumbing fixtures with finishes.
- Selected hardware with finishes.
- Wrote interior specifications for use by contractor.
- Reviewed and revised shop drawings.