LiLu’s most recent work with these long-time clients was to freshen up significant spaces in their Minneapolis home. Staying true to our original concept of creating a traditional, welcoming, and comfortable retreat, these homeowners have expanded on their love for living and entertaining in a sophisticated, yet casual style. The great room is light and bright, featuring two large sofas that anchor the seating areas on both ends of the room. Original pieces of furniture were covered in neutral fabrics that emphasize texture. Accessories inject color and detail into the space. The dining area invites guests to pull up a reupholstered chair and enjoy long conversations around the custom-designed table. A large area rug stretches across the floor as a natural centerpiece of color and pattern. It’s one of several, including the whimsical take on a tree of life, that are custom-designed for the space. The guest room was updated to be more inviting for returning adult children and their spouses. Previous furnishings were replaced with nightstands and a large, custom bed that more closely complement the sophisticated feel of the rest of the home.
- Designed kitchen, office and great room cabinetry and drafted construction drawings and notations for contractor.
- Designed overall space plan.
- Designed custom cabinetry.
- Designed lighting and switching plan and specified all lighting fixtures with finishes and lamping.
- Designed and developed an overall concept and color palette based on our client’s lifestyle.
- Selected all interior finishes and composed materials palette.
- Selected all furnishings, fabrics and accessories including curating furnishings from clients existing collection.
- Designed custom window treatments.
- Selected all decorative lighting fixtures with finishes and lamping.
- Selected all plumbing fixtures with finishes.
- Consulted on appliance selections with finishes.
- Selected hardware with finishes.
- Wrote interior specifications for use by contractor.
- Reviewed and revised shop drawings.
- Attended site meetings and provided construction supervision services.