Small Bathroom Ideas with Personality Plus – According to Lilu
According to LiLu: Small Bathroom Ideas with Personality Plus
Many homes have smaller bathrooms, and some homeowners think this is a death sentence for creating the perfect bathroom. I think otherwise! Having a small bathroom doesn't mean you have to forego amenities, function, or beauty. Keep reading to get some small bathroom ideas for designing something beautiful within limitations.
Vintage Vibe Bathroom
In this small bath, we designed in ways to make the best use of the space, including
- a free standing bathtub our clients desired,
- much needed storage,
- and a fully vanity with more countertop space.
To add beauty to this bathroom, we created
- a floral mosaic wall tile (which is also practical! It protects the walls from splashing!),
- a bold combination of blue tile on the adjacent wall,
- a beautiful stone herringbone tile that also enlarges the space visually,
- and lots of other pretty touches throughout!
This is a gorgeous bathroom that proves size isn't preventative of having a beautiful and functional bathroom!
In another small bath, all that was needed was simply an update. We kept the original floor plan, including storage, a vanity, and a small, but practical shower.
With the update on this small bathroom, we designed in a lot of features intended to add beauty to the space, including
- larger scale floor tiles, which actually visually trick the eye to make the space look much larger,
- large scale, but softly colored wallpaper,
- and a pop of luxury in the accent tile in the shower.
We also updated all the plumbing and lighting fixtures in this bath, and used a clear shower door to make the space appear larger. If you're looking for small bathroom ideas when updating a space, strategies that add beauty and the illusion of size simultaneously are great!
A great overall strategy for small bathroom ideas is to be bold! Boldness in a small space creates a feeling of luxury and freedom despite what the size of a space may communicate.
Take a look at these small powder rooms that are so frequently tucked into an odd space in older homes. Use these spaces as inspiration to use bold ideas, wall paper, and color for your small bathroom!