Making a Kitchen Yours by Remodeling – Peek at a Project
Making a Kitchen Yours by Remodeling
A kitchen can be a very personal and intimate space. The place where you start your day by making breakfast or coffee. The place where you prepare the sustenance that keeps the health and joy of you and your family alive. And the place where you create meals and memories that are shared with those you love. Our guide to making a kitchen yours will help you create a space you can be proud of.
Key Pain Points - Making a Kitchen Yours
In this kitchen we worked on, there were many issues that prevented our clients from enjoying their space the way they could have.
There wasn't a good work triangle, the dump desk was never used because it wasn't useful.
There was no double oven. This was a must have for our client who understood the value of having a perfect kitchen. She is a major cook and hostess, and needed the equipment necessary for creating those moments we all crave.
Not only that, but the dishwasher was uncomfortably far from the sink, and the beverage station took up four feet of counter space in the main working kitchen.
To help our clients create a kitchen they loved, we designed these solutions:
- repeating the shape of the southwestern fireplace in the plaster kitchen hood
- using the hood as a focal point
- elongating the island to house an extra oven
- adding dog food storage
- taking away the curve in the island for a more spacious family room seating area
- designing a custom "crown" to reflect the prairie style architecture
- locating the dishwasher where the majority of uppers are available for dish and glass storage
- selecting materials with soft greens to relate to the beautiful prairie view outside the window
- selecting modern fixtures to bring this kitchen into the current century
- and, designing a bakers pantry to create convenience for the home owners
All of these solutions helped our clients in making a kitchen that truly felt like theirs.
The Key to a Successful Remodel
Want to learn more about remodeling your kitchen? Here at Lilu, we know that one key element of a successful remodel is documenting all of the details. To read more about that, check out our blog post.