Highlights from NeoCon 2011
By Emily Anderson, Allied Member ASID
Lisa Peck and I had the pleasure of spending last Monday in Chicago, enjoying the visual spectacle that was NeoCon 2011. Held at the Merchandise Mart, NeoCon is the largest interior design trade show in North America. Floor after floor, we savored the delightful display of interior design's best new products. We didn't let our sore feet slow us down, meeting with several international designers from some of our favorite lines and enjoying the latest fall collections.
We had the privilege of meeting:
- Douglas Levine of Bright Chair
- Iris Wang of Brentano Fabrics
- Mark Pollack of Pollack Associates
- Roger Thomas, designer for Boyd Lighting
- Danita Harwood, Design Director of Calvin Fabrics
- Fumiaki Odaka of Odaka
- Kristie Strasen of Place Textiles
- Pat McLaughlin of the McLaughlin Collection
- and more!
We flew home exhausted yet inspired, educated and excited to bring the latest and greatest products back to our LiLu clientele and blog readers.
The bright sunshine of Chicago left me particularly inspired by some of the outdoor furniture lines we previewed. With some lead times at only four weeks, it isn't too late to furnish your outdoor spaces before the snow flies (sigh).
Janus et Cie
Roger Thomas Collection for Veneman Collections