Timeless Treasure Great Room
LiLu’s most recent work with these long-time clients was to freshen up significant spaces in their Minneapolis home. Staying true to our original concept of creating a traditional, welcoming, and comfortable retreat, these homeowners have expanded on their love for living and entertaining in a sophisticated, yet casual style. The great room is light and bright, featuring two large sofas that anchor the seating areas on both ends of the room. Original pieces of furniture were covered in neutral fabrics that emphasize texture. Accessories inject color and detail into the space. The dining area invites guests to pull up a reupholstered chair and enjoy long conversations around the custom-designed table. A large area rug stretches across the floor as a natural centerpiece of color and pattern. It’s one of several, including the whimsical take on a tree of life, that are custom-designed for the space.
- Designed and developed an overall concept and color palette based on our client’s lifestyle.
- Selected interior finishes and composed materials palette.
- Designed and drafted furniture space plans incorporating clients existing furnishings and artwork.
- Selected and purchased all furnishings, fabrics and accessories.
- Selected all decorative lighting fixtures with finishes and lamping.
- Wrote interior specifications for use by contractor.
- Designed custom window treatments.
- Reviewed and revised shop drawings.
- Worked with cabinet shop, workrooms and sub-contractors to implement design solution.