Posh Playhouse 2.0
Before purchasing their early 20th-century Prairie-style home, perfect in so many ways for their growing family, the parents asked LiLu whether its imperfections could be remedied. Specifically, they were sad to leave a kid-focused happy home full of color, pattern, texture, and durability thanks to LiLu. Could the new house, with lots of woodwork, be made brighter and lighter? Of course. In the living areas, LiLu selected a high-gloss turquoise paint that reflects light for selected cabinets and the fireplace surround; the color complements original handmade blue-green tile in the home. Graphic floral and abstract prints, and furnishings and accessories in lively shades of pink, were layered throughout to create a bright, playful aesthetic. Elsewhere, staircase spindles were painted turquoise to bring out their arts-and-craft design and heighten the abstract wallpaper and striped runner. Wallpaper featuring 60s-era superheroes, metallic butterflies, cartoon bears, and flamingos enliven other rooms of the house. In the kitchen, an orange island adds zest to cream-colored cabinets and brick backsplash. The family’s new home is now their happy home.
- Designed and developed an overall concept and color palette based on our client’s lifestyle.
- Designed kitchen cabinetry and island and drafted construction drawings and notations for contractor.
- Designed overall space plan incorporating new and existing furnishings.
- Designed custom furnishings including dining table and nightstands.
- Designed lighting plan and specified decorative lighting fixtures with finishes and lamping.
- Selected interior finishes and composed materials palette incorporating existing historic finishes.
- Selected all furnishings, fabrics and accessories including curating furnishings from clients existing collection.
- Designed custom window treatments.
- Designed custom area rugs and stair runner.
- Selected hardware with finishes.
- Wrote interior specifications for use by contractor.
- Reviewed and revised shop drawings.
- Attended site meetings and provided construction supervision services.
- Selected art and accessories.