Ohana Mau Loa
Chris and Marna believe in Ohana Mau Loa which means “family forever.” As return clients, they knew LiLu could help them build a vacation home in Hawaii that would provide a desirable and comfortable gathering place for four adult children and their spouses and 11 grandchildren. A central common space at the heart of the home with separate living quarters surrounding it helps to accommodate everyone with both shared and personal living spaces. Each has its own personality that showcases playful references to Big Island life. And yet the overall design concept weaves together a love of world travel with traditional tastes. Built with mahogany wood that is a staple of island construction, treasured heirlooms and other personal keepsakes are the perfect complement to make this dream home feel welcoming and familiar. Fabrics, finishes and furnishings were selected with the sea in mind and to accommodate wet swim suits, bare feet, and sandy shoes.
- Designed and developed an overall concept and color palette based on our clients lifestyle.
- Selected all interior finishes and composed materials palette.
- Designed and drafted furniture space plans incorporating new and client’s existing furnishings.
- Selected and purchased furnishings, fabrics and accessories.
- Selected all decorative lighting fixtures with finishes.
- Selected all plumbing fixtures with finishes.
- Consulted on appliance selections with finishes.
- Selected hardware with finishes.
- Wrote interior specifications for use by contractor.
- Reviewed and revised shop drawings.
- Attended virtual site meetings and on site construction supervision.