LiLu Interiors joined a team of industry professionals to pioneer a net zero energy consumption home in Minnesota. And together, they have made efficiency and sustainability feel right at home. The stunning creation of this client’s dream into reality harnesses more than enough electricity to sustain an entire residence, while also powering two vehicles. Not only is the home energy efficient, all finish and furnishing selections—along with plumbing, lighting, and hardware—were chosen with a conscious effort toward conservation, aging in place, and providing a healthy living environment. Which goes to show that protecting the world can begin inside our own front door.
- Collaborated with architect.
- Designed and developed an overall concept and color palette based on our clients lifestyle.
- Selected all interior finishes and composed materials palette.
- Designed and drafted furniture space plans incorporating new and clients existing furnishings.
- Selected and purchased furnishings, fabrics and accessories.
- Selected all decorative lighting fixtures with finishes and lamping.
- Selected all plumbing fixtures with finishes.
- Consulted on appliance selections with finishes.
- Selected hardware with finishes.
- Wrote interior specifications for use by contractor.
- Reviewed and revised shop drawings.
- Attended site meetings and provided construction supervision services.