Deco Boutique Kitchen
Our socially engaged, active client transplanted from the East Coast found a charming older home in Minneapolis that provided a home base in a new city. While the home had its charm, the dark interior didn’t provide the uplifting respite she desired. With a busy travel schedule and calendar full of after-hours social events, she was looking for a space to unwind at the end of a long day. She wanted to maximize her time at home, and a place to host friends pre-gala. We transformed an extra bedroom into a happy-hour type lounge with upholstered chairs and bar cart along with her Grandmother’s vanity and privacy screen for the ultimate pre-gala experience. In the kitchen, we replaced the dark cabinetry with open painted shelves to lighten the space and provide convenient access to her glassware, adding sparkle to the room. And perhaps most importantly, her bedroom is now a quiet, peaceful refuge with luxurious details that wrap her in warmth and relaxation.
- Designed and developed an overall concept and color palette based on our client’s lifestyle.
- Selected interior finishes and composed materials palette.
- Selected furnishings, fabrics and accessories including curating furnishings from clients existing collection.
- Selected decorative lighting fixtures with finishes and lamping.
- Designed and drafted furniture space plans incorporating clients existing furnishings and artwork.
- Wrote interior specifications for use by contractor.
- Designed custom window treatments.
- Worked with workrooms and sub-contractors to implement design solutions.