Teenager’s Bedroom Their Way – Peek at a Project
A Teenager's Bedroom their way is today's peek at a project. This can be a scary design problem to solve when it comes to family dynamics. If you have ever been a teenager or have had a teenager you understand what I mean! This bedroom was designed with the teen and parents together. A questionnaire was filled out, the floor plan was assessed and a successful bedroom that both are able to enjoy was the goal.
Custom Design Choices
We started out the design concept with having the teenager select their favorite fabric for the window treatments to be the overall arching concept in terms of color and patterns. This gave us a little more insight to the room they wanted. A rockin' vinyl fabric was selected for the custom headboard and a fun green was chosen for the wall color.
Custom Furniture Choices
This teenagers bedroom has a small foot print didn't allow us much room to fit all the teenagers wants and needs so we got creative!
- Small nightstands to accommodate a full size bed with wall mounted sconces to allow for reading and homework task lighting
- A large bookcase to house books, records and equipment was a must
- A chair that allowed for guitar practice as well as a place for a parent to pop in and catch up on their day to day
- Custom designed shelves painted the color of the wall to hold small items such as photos, trophies, and keepsakes
- Small desk space to place lap top or journal